PUBLIC HEALTH DENTISTRY
Public Health Dentistry is the science and art of preventing and controlling dental diseases and promoting dental health through organized community efforts. It is that form of dental practice that serves the country as a whole rather than an individual.
Department of Public Health Dentistry of ITS-CDSR, Muradnagar, are deeply involved in providing oral health care and education in underserved areas in and around Muradnagar, Ghaziabad and other places. Service is one of the defining principles; students and faculty of the Public Health Dentistry Department participate in several projects each year.
The faculty members of the department train their students in such a way that they develop as global leaders in creating awareness and motivation of public to take care of oral and systemic health. The Department of Public Health Dentistry has the following facilities:
• Provide preventive and curative treatment measures at individual level and community level.
• Provide comprehensive dental care to the underprivileged groups, where basic dental treatment is provided under one roof.
• Conducts Dental Research to assess oral health problems in the community.
• Delivers dental health education at individual and community level.
• Collaborate with NGO’s in conducting various public health programs.
• Mobile dental units to cater the needs of the community.
• Dental museum for creating awareness.